Conditions of Use
Wyandot History is a non-commercial educational site. Its content is provided by a community of scholars, archivists, genealogists, historians and other interested individuals dedicated to the principle of open access for purposes of promoting and enhancing scholarly inquiry into the history of First Nations. Any commercial use of Wyandot History content requires the explicit written consent of the copyright holder as stipulated below (click on the following links):
1. By using Wyandot History you agree to be legally bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately upon your first use of Wyandot History. If you do not agree to be legally bound by all the following terms please do not access and/or use Wyandot History.
2. The administrators of Wyandot History may change these terms at any time by posting changes online. Please review these terms regularly to ensure that you are aware of any changes made by the administrators of Wyandot History. Your continued use of Wyandot History after changes are posted means you agree to be legally bound by these terms as updated and/or amended.
3. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use Wyandot History content in any way except for your own personal, non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any Wyandot History content except for your own personal, non-commercial use.
4. Any commercial use of Wyandot History content requires the prior written permission of the copyright owners of said content. The copyright status of items archived in Wyandot History can be found in the Rights field of the Dublin Core metadata element set. If the Rights field is empty, please consult the repository for the original document or artifact. Contact information can be found under Collection Tree.
5. You agree to use Wyandot History only for lawful purposes, and in a way that does not infringe the rights of, restrict or inhibit anyone's use and enjoyment of Wyandot History.
6. Wyandot History content, including the information, names, images, pictures, logos and icons regarding or relating to the site, its products and services (or to third party products and services), is provided "AS IS" and on an "AS AVAILABLE" basis without any representations or any kind of warranty made (whether express or implied by law) to the extent permitted by law, including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy.
7. Under no circumstances will the Wyandot History administrators be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses where foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise): (a) loss of data; (b) loss of revenue or anticipated profits; (c) loss of business; (d) loss of opportunity; (e) loss of goodwill or injury to reputation; (f) losses suffered by third parties; or (g) any indirect, consequential, special or exemplary damages arising from the use of Wyandot History regardless of the form of action. All users of the electronic resources of Wyandot History agree to hold the site administrators harmless for any and all claims, losses or damages, obligations or liabilities directly or indirectly relating to the use of the website.
8. While all reasonable efforts will be made to ensure that Wyandot History remains fully functional, the administrators of Wyandot History do not warrant that functions contained in Wyandot History content will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that the server that makes it available is virus free.